1. All members must be in good standing at HYC in order to attend the pool, bring guests, or join swim team. Members must check in with the lifeguard upon arrival.
2. The lifeguards are paid employees of Hobcaw Yacht Club. They are charged with enforcing the pool rules. Their judgment shall be final in any dispute in the pool area and all members shall abide by their decisions. Lifeguards are authorized and indeed expected to require members or guests who fail to adhere to these rules to leave the pool area.
3. Guest Policy
- All guests must be accompanied by a member while using facilities
- $5/day guest fee for all guests over age 2. Member must be present for guest to attend pool
- Child care providers of young children do not have to pay guest fee
- Adult children – over the age of 25 - of members must pay guest fee if they do not have their own membership
4. Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged 11 - 13:
- Must be on the swim team or pass a swim test in order to come to the pool alone
- Must sign a swim contract with a parent
- Cannot bring guests without a parent
5. Unattended children should not be in the boatyard or on the docks.
6. The Club manager, any Board Member or the Pool manager, reserves the right to restrict unruly children from using the pool.
7. The Club manager, any Board member or the Pool manager reserves the right to restrict members that do not follow the rules from using the pool.
8. No glass bottles on the pool deck.
9. No running on the pool deck.
10. No diapers in the pool; young children MUST wear a swim diaper.
11. No children (not even with parents) in the pool during the 10 minute break periods. Children must be completely out of the pool during the break (no steps or side of pool).
12. All pool floats must be personal size.